All meetings are free and open to the public (except benefits, conferences, etc.).
Check various on-line calendars (School District, The Willson Center, Online Athens, Flagpole, ACC Library, ACC Leisure Services, ACC Visitors Bureau, Athens Parent, UGA, AthensMacaroniKids, et al.) for additional listings.
FC-CIS Sponsored or Co-sponsored Meetings and Events.
The Early Learning Center or ELC (H. T. Edwards Building 2) is 440 Dearing Extension (intersection of West Hancock & Dearing Extension) in Athens
- Wed May 17, 4:30-6 pm, Graduation Celebration reception for graduating students who worked with our site coordinators, Georgia Museum of Art (free; donations welcome!)
- May 22 (all day) -23 (morning), Awareness to Action: Community Summit on Trauma & Toxic Stress, registration free but required & space is limited, http://bit.ly/2oG8r8g
- Wed May 24, 3:30-5 pm, FC-CIS Health & Wellness Strategic Action Team, Clarke County Health Department
- Thu Jun 1, 8 am, FC-CIS Safety & Community Stability Strategic Action Team, addressing child safety, juvenile system, and related issues, including followup from the Awareness to Action Summit, Clarke County DFCS
- Tue Jun 6, 9:30 a.m., Bethel Stakeholders Group, Bethel Midtown Village community room
- Thu Jun 8, 8 am, FC-CIS Board of Directors Meeting, Piedmont/Athens Regional Medical Center
- Fri Jun 9, 9:30 am, FC-CIS Interagency & Community meeting (tentative topic: follow-up from Awareness to Action Community Summit on Trauma & Toxic Stress)
- Wed Jun 14, 3:30 pm, FC-CIS Early Care & Learning Strategic Action Team/E3Z Birth to Eight Team, Early Learning Center
- Wed Jun 21, 3:30 pm, FLiP (Family Literacy Partners), Athens-Clarke County Library
Other Partner & Community Events
- Child Welfare Training Collaborative free trainings on trauma, toxic stress, and brain development (CEUs available) in Athens & elsewhere: cwtc.gsu.ed (click on calendar, then click on workshop)
- Thu May 18, 4:30-6:30 pm, Remix Clubhouse Open House, Resiliency Clubhouse for youth in recovery services with Advantage Behavioral Health Systems, 130 Mill Center Blvd, Athens, register at http://conta.cc/2p26Pmd
- Thu May 18, 10:30 and 5:30, CASA training orientation, Children First, 693 Pope St, 706-613-1922 ext 3
- Tue May 23, 5:30-7 pm, CCSD budget & tax hearing, H. T. Edwards Building 1
- Thu Jun 1, 6 pm, Board of Education work session, Career Academy
- Fri Jun 2, 6-8 pm, First Fridays Family Day hosted by Flanigan’s Studio, 400 McKinley Dr, Athens